Feel the conditioning effects of Hemp Seed and Coconut Oils with our replenishing Hemp Seed Conditioner. This formula is packed with vitamin E and essential fatty acids that give your locks the nutrients they need, leaving hair silky smooth and never greasy. Great on all hair types and color-treated hair.
Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil has 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids. It also contains smaller amounts of three other polyunsaturated fatty acids: oleic acid, stearidonic acid, and gamma-linolenic acid. A tablespoon of hemp seed oil contains 14 grams of fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, and 12.5 grams of polyunsaturated fat.
Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are considered to be good for hair when taken as an oral supplement. Hemp seed oil has plenty of both. For example, a 2015 study Trusted Source found improvement in the hair diameter and hair density of participants who took omega-3 and omega-6 oral supplements over the course of six months. Researchers on the study also discovered that omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in combination with antioxidants prevented hair loss in participants who took them.
- Hemp seed oil has incredible moisturizing properties, infusing moisture into the hair and scalp to maintain the hair’s natural texture and liven up the scalp to support better hair health.
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein locks in moisture to improve the appearance of healthy looking hair.
- Panthenol helps the hair retain moisture and protects against brittleness.
- Coconut oil smoothes and moisturizes hair all day, leaving it feeling silky soft.
- Citric acid is rich in Vitamin C, has wonderful antioxidant properties and helps support a healthy scalp.